Here’s one for all the space enthusiasts among you, build your own space company and take us to Mars!
Race To Mars is a turn-based, space company simulation game. Become the head of the newly established “New Space” company whose goal would be to establish a colony on Mars. You begin as a startup – develop cutting edge aerospace technologies and use them to achieve orbit and fly beyond Earth vicinity, blazing the trail of a space pioneer…
Race To Mars is in early development phase, which means at the moment you are not able to see it in its full glory. But day by day we are working on making it the best turn based economic strategy you have ever played. A lot of features is still under construction, but right now you can already check out how your space company might develop. Our Alpha Version is available on PC, Mac and Linux. We are planning to release update builds at least once a month each time making the game more awesome. Don’t forget to check our facebook profile to see what’s coming next. We encourage you to give us your feedback.
Read more about the current and planned features below.
Our game aims at achieving two goals: promoting the outer space industry and satisfying all fans of economy games. Race To Mars combines the realism of a space-port management sim and approachable gameplay. We assure you that both subject enthusiasts and casual gamers will find this mixture highly entertaining. Our priority is to make an approachable game without compromising its key economic and strategic features.
- Shape your own path to Mars: satellites or a space station?
- Discover more than two hundred pioneering technologies
- Fight for a larger budget for your space program with the help of your fans and media
- Expand your program: profit from commercial, scientific and military contracts
- Main screen from where you manage your New Space company
- System of gaining Prestige points, which show how your company evolves and will enable it to develop further
- Final 3D models of 4 important buildings
- System of day and night
- Almost all features in Administration building: manage staff and buildings, use the bank (take loans or deposit money), view reports, answer first questions from the journalists and build your reputation
- It is possible to build all buildings in the correct order (presented on a tree)
- Answer first questions from the journalists and build your reputation
- Choose contracts at National Space and Air Office
- Build Satellite Program which unlocks development of crucial technologies at Research+Development
- Develop first technologies (almost 100)
- Use technologies to produce components
- Choose components to build your own satellite
- At the Market buy some of the missing stuff, like a rocket, which will launch your satellite to the orbit
- Therefore: FIRST SPACE MISSION available
- Random events affect your company’s evolvement
- University enables Project Managers to improve their skills
- Message box informs about concluding projects etc.
The game’s current look is far away from the final graphics quality – you have to note that it’s still in development and most of the assets and geometry are temporary placeholders.
- We plan to constantly add new researches at R+D
- The same goes for new contracts at NSaAO
- More Programs to start
- More options at NSaAO, like selling your own services or asking for funding
- More questions for press conferences
- More random events
- Launch Facilities with the possibility to launch your own rockets
- New GUI, redesigned after a series of tests
- 3D models for remaining buildings
Note: They have yet to list Linux requirements so we took these from the PC version
- OS: Ubuntu or Chosen Distro
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Integred
- Hard Drive: 400 MB available space
- Sound Card: Integred