“Running with Rifles” is another great looking early access game that’s now available on Steam and Desura, take control of your soldier and fall in!
RUNNING WITH RIFLES is a top-down tactical shooter with open-world RPG elements.
In RWR, you join the ranks of an army as a common soldier, just like the thousands around you. To your superiors, you’re nothing but cannon fodder…
The open world approach lets you define your own path and story in the campaign. Push back the enemy with your comrades or go deep behind enemy lines to sabotage their efforts and loot valuable items.
As you gain experience, you are promoted with higher command over soldiers and equipment. Call in artillery fire missions or paratrooper reinforcements when the situation gets tight! Use your squad to man armed boats, tanks and APC’s, or, become the expert lone wolf you always aspired to be – it’s up to you!
- hundreds of locations to explore from trenches to towns, deserts to snowy valleys
- emergent AI that will question if you’re as smart as you think you are
- realistic cover system
- dozens of different weapons, support and cover items, radio calls, vehicles
- 40+ multiplayer support, dedicated servers, coop, PvP, PvPvE
- speech bubbles!
- deaths and fails, a lot of them, including your own!
- …and of course, mods!
- Boss battles – when a faction is completely defeated, it’s time for a boss battle. These maps will be something different from the usual campaign maps, possibly placing the player against overly powerful enemy units, on a special stealth mission or a frontal assault against the remaining enemy forces – we don’t know, help us decide!
- More maps – with 9 maps already in the game, we are still working on at least 3 new maps
- New side objectives – we have comms truck and radio tower sabotage objectives, cargo truck and item theft missions, spotting, and more is in the works: there will be prisoners to set free, strategic structures to destroy, treasure to hunt – we’re open to ideas too!
- AI improvements – the players know the crux of RWR is the AI, but we’re not quite done there yet: would be great to see the AI building defenses with sandbag cover, for example
- More online game modes – What mode would you want to play? It would be possible to add e.g. Capture the flag (or vehicle), survival, bomb planting – the modes are scripts so they can be modded too
- Usability – we know certain things are a bit in the dark for newcomers so more attention needs to be directed on discoverability of features, possibly by providing special maps to function as training grounds
- Badges, ranks, medals, ribbons – we’re overhauling the award system
- Writing – we’ve barely started to bring forth the background and setting of the game
- Steam Integration – achievements, server lists, Workshop
- OS: Ubuntu or Chosen Distro
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia Geforce 6800, ATI x800, Intel HD3000 or equivalent with 256MB VRAM – please note that the game is not playable with ATI/AMD proprietary drivers!
- Hard Drive: 400 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Try out the latest demo to see if the game will run fine for you.