Humble Support Ninja announced on twitter the release of ‘Vessel’ on the linux platform. The side scrolling, 2D platform- adventure game is developed by Strange Loop Games. The game controls and overall feeling of the game reminds me of ‘Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee‘ – which is a good thing i guess.
‘Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee’ and ‘Vessel’ are much alike!
Living liquid machines have overrun this world of unstoppable progress, and it is the role of their inventor, Arkwright, to stop the chaos they are causing. Vessel is a game about a man with the power to bring ordinary matter to life, and all the consequences that ensue.
- Liquid Gameplay – Vessel is built on an optimized liquid simulation featuring flowing water, scalding lava and steam, reactant chemicals,glowing goo, the mysterious ‘protoplasm’, and more. Each liquid has unique properties and mixes with other liquids for dramatic effects.
- Bring Liquid to Life – Interact with ‘Fluro’ creatures that are formed entirely from simulated liquid. Each retains the properties of the liquid they’re made of, giving them the ability to melt, reform, absorb, explode, and more.
- Unique Puzzles – Solve puzzles by combining the unique behaviors of each creature with the fluid they’re created from. Every aspect of the world is physically simulated, and all puzzles are based in the liquid simulation. Drop a ‘Drinker’ Fluro and lure him by spraying goo. Create a ‘Dark Fluro’ and chase him with light. Liquid and physics are not an aesthetic in Vessel, but the foundation of gameplay.
- 2D/3DHybrid Art Style – Explore a world of fantastic, detailed machines and strange, wondrous environments. 2D hand-drawn textures combined with 3D normal maps, lighting, and depth creates a unique, other-worldly look to the visuals.
- Upgrade your Equipment – Use the mysterious protoplasm liquid found in the world to upgrade your equipment, obtaining powerful new ways to manipulate liquid.
- Jon Hopkins Soundtrack – Features a full-length soundtrack by electronic music prodigy Jon Hopkins, internationally renowned for his work with Brian Eno, Imogen Heap and Coldplay.
- Full Game Experience – Vessel features over 10 hours of content across multiple worlds, featuring several unique types of liquid and Fluros.
- Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
- Memory: 2GB System RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 1.5GB
- Video Card: ATi Radeon HD 2400 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX compatible