The ‘GCW Zero‘ gives you full control of your handheld. Install any application you want to run, change the operating system in any way you want. We won’t fight you; in fact we’ll encourage you.
Because the Zero runs Linux, a huge library of excellent, free, open source software can run on it. Our core development team is hard at work porting popular applications to provide a strong launch day lineup and we’re sure many more will follow from us and from our community.
The Zero’s operating system is OpenDingux, a Linux distribution which is designed to be developer friendly with SSH login, SFTP file transfer and a debugger with profiling tools already included. Both the distribution and the SDK are kept up-to-date; for example we are currently using Linux 3.7 and GCC 4.7.2.
- CPU: Ingenic JZ4770 1 GHz MIPS processor
- GPU: Vivante GC860, capable of OpenGL ES 2.0
- Display: 3.5 inch LCD with 320×240 pixels; 4:3 aspect ratio is ideal for retro gaming
- Operating System: Linux 3.x (OpenDingux)
- Memory: 512 MB DDR2
- Internal storage: 16 GB, most of which is available for applications and data
- External storage: micro SDHC up to 32 GB or micro SDXC of 64 GB (SDXC cards must be reformatted before use)
- Mini USB 2.0 OTG
- Mini HDMI 1.3 out
- 3.5 mm (mini jack) A/V port for earphone and analog TV-out
- Accelerometer (g-sensor) and vibration motors
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, can connect to access point or direct device-to-device
- Dimensions: 143 * 70 * 18 mm
- Weight: 8 oz / 225 g
- Battery: 2800 mAh