Hardware developer Xi3 has announced that it has started accepting preorders for the Piston. The console is designed for gaming via the Steam service from Valve. A Piston will cost nearly $ 1,000, though early adopters currently get $ 100 discount.
Xi3 let customers know that the Piston order now next to a discount of $ 100 device for the holidays will get. It seems therefore that Xi3 still busy setting up of production. Incidentally, the manufacturer is planning to operate the equipment show during SXSW Gaming Expo currently underway.
The Piston is a gaming console that Steam games in Big Picture mode can run a special user interface that Valve has developed called Steam Boxes. In the case of the Piston Xi3 has an unspecified 3.2GHz quad-processor embedded accompanied 8GB of ram. Storage is provided by an SSD with a capacity of 128GB, although an optional 256GB or 512GB version will be installed. The Piston costs than respectively 340 or $ 750 more.
• Ultra high performance, low power, small form factor
• Runs x86-based operating systems & software
• 3.2GHz quad-core x86-based APU
• Radeon 7000 series GPU w/384 programmable cores
• Up to 1TB of SSD storage
• Low energy use (40 Watts)
• Triple monitor support: 2 Mini DP, 1 HDMI/DisplayPort combo
• 12 I/O ports (four eSATAp III, four USB 3.0, and four USB 2.0)