KSP is a game where the players create and manage their own space program. Build spacecraft, fly them, and try to help the Kerbals to fulfill their ultimate mission of conquering space.
The game is currently under heavy development. This means the game will be improved on a regular basis, so be sure to check back for new updates. Right now, KSP is in Sandbox Complete state, but we want you to try it out and have fun with it. The first versions are free to download and play, and will remain so forever.
- Linux Support
There is now a native Linux version of KSP! Official support for Ubuntu 12.04, but it should work on most distributions.
- Atmospheric Effects
Watch your spacecraft flare up as they re-enter the atmosphere, and produce vapor trails during high-speed flight.
- New Kerbal Animations
The Kerbals got a massive overhaul on their facial expressions! The new Expressions system uses the new Mecanim animation engine from Unity, giving Kerbals a lot more expressiveness. Watch their faces distort in total panic or gleeful joy, now also when you’re out on EVA.
- Rover Wheels
Drive across the surface of other worlds with the new rover wheel parts, which are steerable and self-powered. Construct anything from tiny unmanned rovers, to exploration buggies, to huge mobile contraptions.
- Graphical and Scenery Improvements
We’ve got a New Launchpad model at KSC, with 100% less launch tower, a new Runway, and much improved night-time lighting, making for greatly improved visuals, especially at night.
- More New Parts
We’ve added several new parts for general construction. Featuring panels, girders, and a lot more!
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- The sun no longer shines from below on ships and scenery objects at night, or while in orbit over the dark side of a planet.
- Fixed the airspeed sound not looping properly, and adjusted the pitch range for it.
- Various minor balance tweaks.
- More texture variety added to probe cores, to better determine their positioning.
- Fixed a few objects that were on the wrong layer.
- Fixed an issue when comparing versions, which could result in false ‘incompatible’ warnings.
- Fixed an issue with velocity changes when resuming 1x time while on a hyperbolic orbit inside a rotating reference frame.
- Changed the debug toolbar key combo to ModifierKey+F12 (RShift+F12 by default)
- Changed the quick scenario loader key combo to ModifierKey+F10 (was Ctrl+F10 before)
- Removed an unused shader that caused the game to crash on Linux systems with AMD video drivers.
- The Alt modifier key is now remappable, and defaults to RightShift on Linux.
- Remapped all ocurrences of the Alt key to RightShift on Linux (as Alt is OS-reserved on most distros).
- Fixed double-clicks not working properly.
- Added a setting to tweak the mouse wheel axis scaling.
- Input Axes now support linear scaling.
- The Debug console can now also be toggled using the Grave and AltGr keys