Valve is still tweaking ‘Counter-Strike: Source‘ the new patch notes mentions an improvement in performance on Linux.. “How much is the increase” I wonder. Will this release kill the difference in performance between Windows and Linux? Hope to find out soon in a new benchmark session.
Difference in performance between windows and linux of previous version
- Disabled Java for the in-game web browser
- Added a new ConVar sb_filter_incompatible_versions. This will default to true and hide servers on the Internet tab that are running incompatible versions.
- Fixed a client crash related to the audio system
- Fixed a client crash related to rendering models
- Fixed a client crash related to audio in the web browser
- Fixed servers crashing with the error message “Overflow error writing string table baseline”
- Improved performance for the Linux version
- Fixed a missing material when setting mat_viewportscale to anything other than 1
- Fixed a missing material when changing the value of mat_color_projection
- Fixed a material system client crash for the Linux version
- Fixed windowed mode under certain window managers for the Linux version
- Updated controller support for the Linux version