‘GameLaunched‘ is an international crowdfunding platform, dedicated to funding games from all genres. It’s main goal is to not only provide a platform for funding, but to help developers fund their projects and get them in the hands of their fans.
- All the contributions will be cancelled if the project fails to reach it’s goal.
- Accepting transactions world wide, also paypal is supported.
- Rewards and leaderboard for supporters
- Funding of games only
- Contribution free distribution platform
- Marketing and PR of ‘featured projects’
- Project legally responsible for contribution rewards
The vision of GameLaunched shows potential. Make sure to keep an eye on new projects!
This week Kickstarter has surpassed $100 million, according to the company. The category – which includes both video games and board games – has seen 1,476 games successfully funded by 633,242 backers.
The adventure- and platform game ‘Ostrich Island‘ is one of the first games to feature on GameLaunched. The developer MeDungeon set a reasonable goal of $3000 required to deliver a more exiting game experience;
- Additional game assets (more objects to interact, more enemies);
- The “Full” license of Unity 3D game engine (more eye candies, for example dynamic shadows, better looking water and fog);
- Finishing multiplayer and additional programming work. Do you want more adventure elements? Or more platformer? Or maybe more RPG? Let’s discuss it together!
— Yaroslav Bakh (@MeDungeon) 21 maart 2013