Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old that may remind you of Mega Man, Castlevania, or Dark Souls!
You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this valley with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages.
One of stretch goals is Linux suport. And today ‘Shovel Knight’ crossed the 130K mark which means we will enjoy this little gem on Linux later this year.!
Want to play Shovel Knight on your weirdo computer? Many folks have asked for Linux and Mac versions. We hope to support Mac and Linux either way, but this goal makes it happen for sure, and in a more timely fashion (hopefully in 2013!).
- Sweeping adventure with classic action.
- Dig! Run! Jump! Explore! and platform your way through themed stages filled with secrets.
- Handcrafted pumped-up 8 bit style. A labor of love!
- Detailed, living background and animation! Big, beautiful pixels!
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters.
- A light touch to narrative with humor and levity.
- Master all the subweapons.
- Amass riches to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman.
- Battery Back-up saves your adventure. No need for passwords!