‘Legends of Aethereus‘ is a high action, low fantasy RPG with four player co-op and a variety of PvP game types. There is a full single player campaign with an engaging story.
The developers announced on kickstarter the launch of the linux beta
We have been working through some technical issues and there is still work to do but we can now open it up for Linux and Mac beta testing so we can get community feedback. It is really important for us to maintain an open dialogue with players and especially our Kickstarter Backers.
• High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types.
• Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
• A wide variety of Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a powerful tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins.
• The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Sachels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems altering their effects.
• Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness.
• Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment.
• Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not thousands but literally millions of different combinations of gear and weapons.
• Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PVP and PVE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area.
To upgrade to the Legends of Aethereus Multiplayer Beta, a new game installation is required. This upgrade can be downloaded for Linux (see page bottom). Updates from this point on will be done via an internal patching system, making any upgrades available to you at the click of a button.
- First, uninstall Legends of Aethereus Single Player Beta by selecting “uninstall” in the Legends of Aethereus Beta-folder. You can also do this via the Windows Start Menu by clicking start -> programs -> Legends of Aethereus Beta -> uninstall.
- Remove the LoA-folder completely, including the “SF001″-folder. You will have to start a new character.
- Next, download the new installer below.
- Install the game via the installer.
Please read the Multiplayer FAQ on our forum! There you can also provide feedback, and report bugs.