Almost 99 years ago, one of the bloodiest times in worlds’ history started. Inspired by the ferocious battle of Verdun that took place in 1916. The Dutch M2H and Blackmill are behind Verdun, a unique online first person shooter set in the WW1. Delivering a dedicated First World War multiplayer shooter experience.
In Verdun you will choose to fight in a squad of 4 players. Each player has a specialized role within the squad, offering unique ways of cooperative gameplay in a FPS.
Verdun contains levels that are based on historical locations around the Verdun area such as the Argonne forest, the western front and beyond. Try out yourself in the open beta. Make sure to post your feedback on the developers forum.
The open beta is available right now. During this public test we will perform regular updates to quickly improve and expand the game. Our current main goal is launching the standalone version on the Mac Store and submit the game on Steam Greenlight.
Future directions include other platforms we are especially interested the launch of new consoles in the coming time. In addition we are keen to explore the cross-platform possibilities of our cloud solution using massive amount of players through the web.
- Personal level in lobby now displayed correctly
- Problems with going fullscreen/windowed fixed
- squadlobby playercounter fixed
- Spies have been killed
- levels have been reset
- losing side unable to respawn has been fixed
- ingame join bug where players would join wrong
- Removed display of active abilities of player who left the game
- Fixed connection security error
- Fixed dodgy grenade physics
- Prepared game for stand-alone distribution
- Custom controls. you can now adjust your controls in the mainmenu and ingame (including joystick input)
- Added NCO “Active” Abilities. “Command” and “Mortar shot”.
- Players can now join squad matches in progress (they join an existing squad in-game as a replacement)
- If after 3 minutes a squad match has not found proper opponents for 2v2, a game will commence 1v1.
- Tweaked the wöevre plains level
- Graphics options: postfx can now be toggled.
- Audio options: you can now mute the mainmenu music
- Invite: Browser players can now invite people