ReactOS is a free open source operating system based on the best design principles found in the Windows NT® architecture (Windows versions such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 are built on Windows NT architecture). Written completely from scratch, ReactOS is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the UNIX architecture.
The main goal of the ReactOS project is to provide an operating system which is binary compatible with Windows. This will allow your Windows® applications and drivers to run as they would on your Windows system. You can play windows games like Counter-Strike, UnrealTournament etc.
Highlights of v0.3.15
- Preliminary support for USB mice, keyboard, and storage devices.
- A rewritten session management subsystem
- Alternate ReactOS Memory Management Module has taken over all memory management responsibilities except for sections.
- AHCI support with updated UniATA driver
- Preliminary support for debugging ReactOS components using windbg
- Improvements based off results from the AutoHotKey application functionality test suite
- Bugfixes based off running Driver Verifier on several bundled drivers