If you’ve been keeping up with Linux gaming news, you will know that Paradox Development Studio are quite keen to support Linux, and our gaming efforts. So much in fact that they released Crusader Kings II earlier this year, as well as its numerous DLC . After stating, on their public forums, that both CK II and Europa Universalis IV will be supporting Linux on their latest engine, they have kept their promise. Starting today, the 4th of June 2013, you can pre-order Europa Universalis IV on Steam. With pre-ordering you get one free DLC, the 100 years war (In which the English… lost. Don’t tell anyone… Although this is a game, anything could happen) unit pack.
About the Game
Paradox Development Studio is back with the fourth installment of the game that defined the Grand Strategy Genre. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide through the years in order to create a dominant global empire. Rule your nation through the centuries, with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy.
True exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.
- Make your own decisions: Nation building is flexible. Decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless
- Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war
- Experience history come to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, creating a unique atmosphere depending on the country you play
- The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay with a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span
- Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you
- Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Featuring a new unilateral opinion system that, for example, allows a country to dislike you while you remain neutral towards them
- Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers and support for a standalone servers
- Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire
Digital Extreme Edition
The Digital Extreme Edition includes the following:
- STAR AND CRESCENT – 70 new Muslim themed event pictures, as well as several new events for the Muslim nations
- HORSEMEN OF THE CRESCENT UNIT PACK – 12 unique cavalry modes for the Ottoman, Mamluk, and Persian nations. This enhances the visual experience of EUIV.
- CONQUEST OF CONSTANTINOPLE MUSIC PACK – 3 tracks containing 10 new minutes of music masterly composed by Andreas Waldetoft