CryEngine 3, originally called Sandbox Editor, is the current editor used to create levels for the CryEngine line of game engines by Crytek. The CryENGINE team is looking for a Linux programmer.
The CryENGINE team is looking for a Programmer to work on the Linux version of the 3d engine.
- Maintain Linux support for CryENGINE.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability of Unix based build systems for SDK releases and special projects.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Participate in the development of game prototypes and custom solutions for external partners.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
Read the full details and requirements about the carreer option here
Michael Larabel over at Phoronix suggested the existence of a native Linux build of the CryEngine befor
There’s some more interesting news that I’ve learned this week as well: there exists a native Linux port of CryEngine 3.
— Michael Larabel (@michaellarabel) April 4, 2012