‘Seyken: Crystal Kingdom’ is created by a small group of classic jrpg fans and takes you back to the time when you sat in front of a TV and had to plug in a game cartridge into a home console in order to start up your favorite fantasy game. If you were lucky, you may have been sitting there with a few friends who joined the adventure using the remaining free game controller ports. We’ll see how this plays out soon, because the community gave ‘Seyken: Crystal Kingdom’ the greenlight on steam!
We want to bring back the good old times just without the TV and home console plugin part a modern twist and a few more hundred friends to join in at the same time.. There is, at the moment no Linux-standalone client. You can play with Linux only via webstart.
- Game world: Unlike the classics, we do not have the memory limitation on the console hardware and cartridge side, which leaves us with an almost endless amount of content we can add to the game. We laid out a vivid fantasy world with different climatic zones and areas for you to explore.
- Storyline – Main & side quest system: Storytelling is a sole foundation of the classics and will be for Crystal Kingdom as well. We have a basic storyline integrated in what we did so far. Nothing major, just enough to get going for now since we want to integrate our community into this process.
- Various character classes: Starting with six base classes, each with their own unique skills and looks. Plus, two mid-level sub-class advancements for each base class as well as two high-level prestige class advancements for each sub-class for a total of 24 class branches in all.
- Customizable character skins: The engine supports a skin customization system – so don’t read too much into the basic skins we created since we can easily add male/female skins, different age, colors, clothes & hairstyles etc.
- Dungeon crawler style loot system: The ideas for the item system brings in the most changes in regards to the classics. We chose a state of the art approach with random item effects as well as unique and set items. We also integrated a item socket system like in Diablo II & III.
- Optional Single-player, Co-op, or MMO game experiences: We provide open world co-operative maps as well as single-player or co-op instances and community town hubs.