Well the dust is settled and time for that moment all of you have been waiting for. But I wanted to say this contest was great. Alot of people came in and gave it their all, and some not so much. It was great to read some of your answers. I will tell you right now “Mark Wahlberg and the Funky Bunch” is not the lead composer for Project Pheonix. It was a great turn out and great challenge.
This contest was the tip of the iceberg and for the future we will be getting bigger and better games and prizes.So stay tuned on that front.
Well to begin we has a 2 way tie for first place. But like Hilander “There can be only one” (Cue Queen soundtrack). So I sat down with the team and we rolled a series of D20′s and determined the first and second place spot. The winner of the first Rootgamer.com rootrivia challenge is
Coming in first place Miro has won the grand prize: A copy of Nuclear Dawn and the Source Multiplayer game pack.
In a very close second was…..
Rudi has won the X3 Goldbox game pack.
Finally, last but not least 3rd place goes to……
Ben won the Introversion Complete Game Pack.
1. Who flipped the middle finger towards Nvidia at a Linux sit down back in 2012?
A: Linus Torvalds
2. Who is the original designer of the Wayland Display Server Protocol project?
3. Who created the FOSS game Battle For Wesnoth?
A: David White
4. What FOSS game engine was Valyria Tear made from?
A: Hero of Allacrost engine
5. What is the Brand name of Venn Stones microphone on the show Linux Gamecast Weekly?
A: Audio Technica At2020
6. What game does Jordan Cwang from Linux GameCast Weekly hate?
A: Serious Sam 3 BFE
7. What is the name of the main character of MonsterRPG 2?
8. For Project Pheonix what famous game composer joined the team in his first indie game?
A: Nobuo Uematsu
9. In Fez how many “cubes” must you collect to rebuld the Hexahedron?
10. Who is the founder of DesuraNET?
A: Scott Reismanis
Congratulations to the winners Miro, Rudi and Ben for coming out on top in the challenge out of so many contestants. Also I want to thank everyone else who still came out to try and win some free games. Even Pedro Mateus from Linux GameCast Weekly came out to do some trivia. Which I will add you can catch the Live Show every Saturday @ 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT.So check them out every saturday, I even try and come out as I am a huge fan of the show. Also on that note about my questions about Linux Gamecast Weekly. Thanks to Pedro for letting me know that my question about Venns Mic was wrong, I meant to say “Brand Name” for the name of his microphone.But a good 80% of you still got it right regardless of my mess up on the question. But I digress, I said before we are going to do more challenges and they will vary from trivia to in game challenges. See you in the next RootChallenge, Game on my friends.