“When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.”
PC Gamer’s Mod of the Year 2011, ModDB’s Editor Choice Multiplayer Mod of the Year 2011, “No More Room in Hell”, a co-operative, realistic first person survival horror modification for the Source Engine, and one of the best if not the best, mod for Half Life 2 is free on Steam and available for Linux. With millions of walking dead now inhabiting the earth you have little or no chance of surviving, the question is though, can you handle the challenge? Or will you finish curled up in a corner waiting for the inevitable to happen? Download it now on Steam and find out if you have what it takes!
- Teamwork: Co-operative play with up to eight players.
- Voice and Text Communications Limited by Distance: The further you’re away the harder it is for other players to hear you. Keep those walkie talkies close!
- Dynamic Objective Maps: The next playthrough may not be the same as the last!
- Survival Mode: Defend and maintain your shelter against the undead in the hopes of getting extracted to a safe area.
- A Realistic Approach: In short, no crosshairs with limited “only when you want it” HUD. In addition, ammo and weapons are extremely scarce. With that in mind, aim down your sights and shoot for the head!
- Multitude of Different Opponents: Ranging from the iconic “walking zombie” to the more contemporary “runners”, NMRiH will keep you on your toes with a mix of dangerous foes to face down. However, the most dangerous enemy may not always be the walking dead…
- Infection: One bite may be what it takes to bring you down. If infected, you must decide if you want to alert your team to rid you of your burden, or to keep quiet in the hopes of finding a cure…
- 30+ weapons and counting, ranging from the diminutive .22 Target Pistol, to the almighty Chainsaw.
- No pay to win items
- No ads
- 100% Free
- National Guard NPCs – Will they help you or see you as just another walker?
- Full dismemberment – gibs for arms and legs instead of just the head
- More gamemodes including a mode that mixes Survival with Objectives
- New and varied zombie types – SWAT/Military zombies with body armor
- More playable characters (including females)
- Stat tracking along with Steam Achievements – With the possibility of unlockable items
- More frequent updates with Steam support
- More maps and overall content with Steam support
No More Room in Hell is a Half-Life 2 Zombification. The mod was founded in 2003. It switched hands and a new team took over in 2009. Beta version 1.0 was released on Halloween of 2011. A full list of the No More Room in Hell Team and contributors can be found on the about page of our website: www.nmrih.com.
Linux System Requirements
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 or Chosen Distribution
- Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8 series or better, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
- Sound Card: OpenAL Compatible Sound Card