The team at Red Knight Games have started their Kickstarter for their game Grapple Knight.
Play as Jouren as you take up the mantle of a fallen knight to journey through a myriad of environments and battle hordes of twisted creatures; on a quest to stop the evil Alchemist and free his grip from your homeland! Grapple Knight is a momentum based, action platformer that pays homage to the games of the late 80′s and early 90′s that Red Knight Games grew up with
- Xbox and PS3 controller support* (right now only Xbox and PS3 controller support)
- With the help of your companion Stroud, use your spirit grapple to jump, grab and swing through environments, comboing all the way.
- Using your magical axe, defeat the monsters which stand in your way, sometimes even using them to reach heights you never thought possible.
- Avoid the pitfalls and dangers the Alchemist has placed in your way using all the powerful and acrobatic prowess at your disposal.
- Uncover the tombs of fallen warriors that grant special attributes and perks allowing you to customise your experience and play your way.
- Gain new abilities and attacks as you defeat bosses and the Alchemist’s most powerful creations, transforming Jouren from a common man into a knight of legend.
- Enjoy 16 bit style graphics and music to take you back to that nostalgic era of challenges and gameplay that captured the hearts and imaginations of many.
- Will be available on Windows/Mac and Linux
A great note is that they have a Linux Demo ready, mind you they have had zero experience with Linux and want your help. They want Linux gamers to test the demo for any bugs. I have already played it and I love the graphics and music and already sent a number of bugs and tips. also be generouse as this game is still in very early stages and I am impressed that they are making an effort to bring this game to Linux and Mac with zero experience.
Here on the Kickstarter they outline that experience:
Grapple Knight is going to be available across a large variety of PC platforms including Windows, Mac and even Linux. As the game is being developed on the Windows platform, we’ve been able to get a lot of play testing and bug checking done on our own machines as well as one or two Macs. Unfortunately we don’t own any Linux boxes ourselves and as such the Mac and Linux versions have not received the same amount of love as their counter part.
So we encourage the entire Mac and Linux gaming community (we know you are out there) to try the demo and help us forge the best experience possible! Please send through any problems you encounter to BugReports@redknightgames.com and together, we can work towards the goal of a unified experience across all platforms.
So what are you waiting for, get in there try the Linux Demo and if you like where they are heading with the game, spend some money on what look to be a very promising Platformer on its way to Linux.Also don’t forget to check them out on Steam Greenlight if you already haven’t up voted them yet. In the mean time I will try and get them for an Interview. Game On.