Not so long ago our very own Ultimoore reported that Joe Danger was showing “signs of Linux support“. I’m now very happy to report that he was correct, not only is Joe Danger on its way to the Linux desktop but also Joe Danger 2. A couple of days ago Sean Murray of ‘Hello Games‘ confirmed to me that both games are very close to being released on Linux and I for one can’t wait.
Have you ever run out of the cinema, done a pretend back flip, shot your friends with your fingers and shouted “Ice to meet you”?
As Joe Danger you’ll play the part of the worlds most determined stuntman. In Joe Danger 2 you’ll find yourself rampaging around the set of the worlds greatest action movie performing death defying stunts, catching crazy criminals and battling laser wielding robots across the games 100 levels.
The Linux version is especially exciting for me. It’s great to see it becoming available on such a vibrant platform, and it also means Joe will be ready for SteamOS. Basically, for us the PC versions are the ultimate versions of Joe Danger, and we always saw Joe Danger as a living room game with you and your friends taking turns on levels, beating each others’ scores and being really loud and obnoxious to each other like we are. So it’s kind of fitting that JD will be appearing on Linux just as SteamOS helps Steam move into the living room. ~ Sean Murray
The Linux version of JD, which we’re releasing alongside a Mac version, will have the same features as the PC versions, including its enhanced graphics options and Steam features including leaderboards, ghost data and sharing levels through Workshop. ~ Sean Murray
- Create insane new levels in the Movie Maker and share or download new ones through Steam Workshop!
- Play on your TV through Steam Big Picture, or at your desk with new mouse and keyboard controls!
- Experience Joe Danger like never before with specially enhanced graphics for PC!
- Build and share Minecraft levels and race as one of the nine characters from Team Fortress 2!
- Race against other players with seamlessly downloaded ghosts, and rise up the ranks on the leaderboards!
- Beat your friends in fun four-player local multiplayer!