The fifth release in the incredible Broken Sword series ‘The Serpent’s Curse’ has been released on Steam.
We are absolutely delighted to announce that Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse: Episode 1 is now available on PC, Mac and Linux, available from gog.com, Steam and Get Games. For full details, please see here. We would like to thank all who have helped us in our journey – particularly our Kickstarter backers.
Paris in the spring. Shots ring out from a gallery… A robbery… a murder… and the beginning of another epic, original Broken Sword adventure.
Broken Sword 5 – ‘The Serpent’s Curse’ is yet another example of how crowd sourcing is an incredibly positive enabler for indie game developers. Because of crowd sourcing we have yet another great release for the Linux platform and in this case it’s thanks to Kickstarter. But enough of my ramblings and onto the game at hand. The Broken Sword series has seen good growth and a growing fan base since the release of the original game. ‘The Serpent’s Curse’ brings together stunning visuals and riveting story telling in an adventure you won’t forget for many games to come.
The game will be released in two Episodes with Episode 1 releasing on 4th December. Episode 2 will be delivered as a free update to Episode 1 in Q1 2014.
- The latest explosive episode in the iconic Broken Sword series
- Follow the adventure across Europe and beyond, in classic 2D hand-drawn locations
- Immerse yourself in the rich storyline and interact with unforgettable characters
- Experience the very best in adventure gaming: from unique puzzles and deft subterfuge to cipher solving and time-honoured detective work
- Enjoy the award-winning scripts, and widely praised voice-acting
Minimum: Ubuntu or Chosen distro
Processor: 1.6 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space