OpenDungeons, an open source, real time strategy game sharing game elements with the Dungeon Keeper series and Evil Genius. Players build an underground dungeon which is inhabited by creatures. Players fight each other for control of the underground by indirectly commanding their creatures, directly casting spells in combat, and luring enemies into sinister traps.
Also a commercial ‘Dungeon Keeper’-clone is in development. Make sure to check out Interview ‘War for the overworld’
NOTE: The first 0.4.8 tarball for linux contained a plugins.cfg with the wrong plugins path. This is now fixed. Either update to the version that is uploaded, or edit plugins.cfg to look in the right path.
Release Notes Open Dungeons v0.4.8
- Now with a new GUI, it is not completely done, but we are getting there. The mini-map and goals screen will be finished in later versions.
- Now with a main menu. We now have the code set up for a main menu, it will nicer in the next versions.
- Fixed a bug in the cannon trap, so it can now actually be placed. It actually also somewhat works and fires a moving projectile
- A lot of code refactoring, us devs love that 😀
- Now with support for normal mapping.
- A claim tile sound, so you can hear you Kobolds working hard for you 😉
- A bunch of smaller bug-fixes
- The files structure has changed, the media folder is now gone.
- The dojo now got training dolls and training poles. (Thanks to p0ss)
Download Open Dungeons v0.4.8